Friday, June 15, 2012

My 1964 Aloha...whoot whoot!!



Super excited to be the very proud owner of this little 12ft fixer-upper! I have been wanting a vintage camper for way too long and I finally got one. My husband thinks I'm crazy, what's new, but I can not wait to dive in. It's got a little water damage, a few bee's nests and a lot of work ahead of it. At the Farm Chicks Show earlier this month, I bought some vintage bark cloth from the fabric booth in Bay 1 for curtains, throw pillows and who knows what else. I'm hooked on looking at other vintage campers online and the Vintage Bag Lady of Cheney has some great pictures...Looks SOO fun! Check out her blog. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/2011/06/farm-chicks-weekend.html
Hopefully I'll get this project started soon so I can post more pictures. Happy Camping!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Betsy I am so jealous!!!! I would love to have one of these old treasures & fix it up!!!!! Have fun Chris Woodland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chris, I can't wait to get started, Wayne and Elaine are going to help me...they are getting one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wayne is have a great time with his new project. We need to get on upholstery! To many fabric choices. I have to remember that it will be going to hunting camp for weeks! Elaine

    ReplyDelete