Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ikea Revamp Project

Ikea Revamp Project- My sister-in-law gave me this cute, little, wood, six-drawer cubby that she used to hold her make-up in her bathroom. They were remodeling their bathroom and thought that I might like to use it. I had not tried the staining over paint technique yet so I thought this would be an easy way to test it out.
Step 1: paint the wood piece color of your choice (I chose an olive green)
Step 2: lightly sand wear areas for a distressed look




Step 3: stain the entire piece and wipe off all excess
Step 4: finish the piece with a protective top coat of your choice
             (I used a spray polyurathane)
I finished off my piece with some fun metal numbers
I purchased from my good friends at PINK in Spokane, WA


No comments:

Post a Comment