Tuesday, March 19, 2013

La Hen House


 La Hen House...my weekend project! This entire coop was constructed with materials around our home, the only thing I had to purchase were the hinges and lock. The roof still needs the shingles attached, but other than that, we are collecting eggs!




 The lovely ladies are; Anna Belle, Ella Mae, Velda Sue and Shaniqua. For those of you who know me or my husband, you will know that the last name is his doings.

The chickens were given to me by a friend of the family and am very thankful for them.

Our first egg is the lovely grayish colored one and the second was a tan. I can not wait to open the box and see a blue or green one!

Below is the completed coop (minus the roof). I would like to build a run off the back of it but have not gotten that far. During the entire process, my little buddy, Olivia, sat outside the fence and watched. I hope the meeting of chicken and dog in a few days goes smooth!


No comments:

Post a Comment