Thursday, June 30, 2011

Can you say "Stalker"

I don't know if this would be considered stalking or a Peeping Tom, but I have this cute little birdie I named Robin :) who set up nest under my carport. I started taking pictures from start to finish and was amazed at how fast the whole egg, hatch, fly away process really is. One thing that I did find odd is that Robin laid one egg and then a week later she laid two more...does anyone know if this is normal?

Well, it has been about a month since my last robin flew the coop but just last week I noticed another robin frantically building a nest (maybe it just dawned on her that it is now officially summer and she is a little behind the eight ball). I slipped back into my old ways and spied in the nest and who would have thought, one egg. Now I am intrigued and want to see if some siblings come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment